Hello, and welcome to my blog! Baby names have always just been super interesting to me. So this blog is dedicated to names I hear, like, and love! So if you have any questions
of need advice for naming your baby, I'd love to help in the comments!
So I thought I'd start my blog off by listing my own favorite names! Of course, these change quite often, but this is as of right now. Hope you enjoy.
I'll start with the girl names.
1. Juliet- Juliet is my absolute favorite girls name! I don't see this one changing anytime soon (if ever). Juliet is the English form of the French Juliette, and means youthful. It is probably most associated with Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, one of the most popular and tragic love storys of all time, but my favorite association is Juliet from Psych, which is one of my favorite shows. The name aso has many musical references, from Taylor Swift's Love Story to We The King's Check Yes Juliet. I love this name so much and hope to use it one day if I have a little girl!
2. Francesca- This is a new love of mine, but its oh so pretty, don't you think? Francesca is the Italian variation of Frances and means from France or free man. I think this name is so fresh and could picture a beautiful little girl wearing this name! Love!
3. Lucia- Lucia is a beautiful Italian name, and is a wonderful alternative if Lucy is getting too popular for you. It can be pronounced Loo-see-ah, Loo-chee-ah or Loo-sha, my favorite being the Loo-chee-ah pronunciation. A feminine variation of Lucius, Lucia means light, and Lucy can be a nickname if you like!
4. Calla- This name is so pretty, and has a lovely meaning too! It is Greek and means beautiful. This is a great name if you love Lily, but it is too popular. It has the image of Lilies but is a totally unique name! Callie would be a super cute nickname, too!
5. Emma- Doesn't everyone just love the name Emma? Well it woud make sense, considering it is the third most popular name in the U.S.! Wow! Even though it is so popular, I just can't help but love it! Emma us German and means universal, and has alot of "Pop culture references". From the Jane Austen novel to Rachel and Ross's baby on Friends to real life celebrities Emma Stone and Emma Watson.
1. Henry- This name seems to be rising in popularity rather quickly ( :( ). Henry is number 57 on the popularity charts right now, and I can see it rising even higher! Its making a come-back with all of these "Vintage names". Henry is German and means estate ruler, and comes with super cute nicknames Harry and Hank!
2. Dean- I think Dean is such a strong and handsome name! It is my granfathers middle name, so it would be a great way to honor him if I ever have a son. This name is English and means church official, and is a great name choice if you're looking for something short and sweet, yet strong.
3. Joseph- This name is definitely a timeless choice, having been around since Bible times! At number 22 on the popularity charts, Joseph is Hebrew and means Jehovah increases. The nickname Joey is really cute for a little boy and Joe or Joseph are both very friendly sounding, strong names for a grown man.
4. Sean- Sean is a super cute Irish name, one that was popular before all of the Aidans and Conors seemed to take over the playground. A diminutive of John, Sean means God is gracious and, like a lot of my favorite boys names, is nice and short, and basically nickname-proof. I think it is a lovely choice!
5. Charles- Its a family name for me, which makes it all the better in my opinion! Charles is French and means free man, and Charlie is just an ADORABLE nickname! Charles is a very classic name, belonging to kings of France, England, Spain, Hungary and Portugal, which makes it feel very royal as well.
So those are my top 5 names for each gender. I hope you enjoyed :)